• COVID-19: AfDB forecast $88.3 billion drop in Africa’s GDP

    COVID-19: AfDB forecast $88.3 billion drop in Africa’s GDP0

    The African Development Bank (AfDB) has projected that the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic ravaging economies globally could cause Africa’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to drop by between $22.1billion and $88.3billion. According to the Bank, before the advent of COVID-19, West Africa was home to at least four of the continent’s fastest-growing economies, but has strongly

    READ MORE
  • Macron says France has scored its ‘first victory’ against virus

    Macron says France has scored its ‘first victory’ against virus0

    Macron says France has scored its ‘first victory’ against virus President Emmanuel Macron said Sunday that France had marked its first victory in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, ending much of its lockdown but adding that he would “draw the lessons” from a crisis that has killed nearly 30,000 people in the country. “The

    READ MORE
  • Coronavirus: Burial without Government approval attracts 10million fine, Wike warns

    Coronavirus: Burial without Government approval attracts 10million fine, Wike warns0

    Rivers Governor, Barrister Nyesom Wike, has signed a new executive order to curtain the spread of coronavirus pandemic in the state. The order which has been gazetted prescribes N10million fine for any burial conducted contrary to its provisions. Section 3 stipulated that any person intending to hold a public burial in the state or take

    READ MORE
  • NCDC confirms 389 new cases of Coronavirus

    NCDC confirms 389 new cases of Coronavirus0

    The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), on Wednesday, announced 389 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 8,733. The update on Wednesday is the highest daily figure so far reported since the beginning of the outbreak in the country. Also, Kogi

    READ MORE
  • Ex President, Jonathan Breaks Silence On Nigeria Govt Handling Of COVID-19

    Ex President, Jonathan Breaks Silence On Nigeria Govt Handling Of COVID-190

    Former President Goodluck Jonathan has shared his position on the handling of COVID-19 pandemic by Nigeria and Africa at large.   The former president shared his perspective when he featured in webinar organised by the Kofi Annan Foundation on Friday,   has spoken about something he finds positive in Nigeria’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic

    READ MORE
  • Governor Sanwo-Olu to slash 2020 budget by N248bn as coronavirus persist0

    Following revenue pressures mounting as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the Lagos state government has announced a slash of its 2020 budget. Vanguard reports that the total expenditure for the year 2020 is now N920.5 billion, less by N248 billion from the N1.68 trillion it had budgeted. Commissioner for economic planning and budget, Sam

    READ MORE